If you have a dull complexion resulting from sun exposure, you should think of yoghurt as a useful and pocket-friendly approach for minimizing the tan. Other than making your skin radiant and glowing, yoghurt also cools your skin and reduces skin redness. Also, it tightens your pores for a smooth and supple skin.
- Simply take a cup of plain yogurt and add juices from one cucumber and one tomato.
- Add ½ cup of gram flour and mix thoroughly to form a viscous paste.
- Slather the mixture on your face as well as your neck
- Allow it to dry for 30 minutes
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat your face dry
- Apply a moisturizer with an SPF of 30 or more
You can also use some fresh yoghurt on your skin before taking a shower. For improved results, add lime juice and tomato juice to the yoghurt.
2. Raw Potato
Raw potato can go a long way in alleviating dull complexion resulting from sun tanned skin. Raw potato is rich in vitamin C, which is essential in nourishing the skin and fighting free radicals that cause cell damage. Also, it works as a natural bleach and also helps to soothe sunburn.
- Take two to three medium-sized potatoes
- Peel off the skin and cut them into chunks.
- Place them in a juicer or a blender and blend to form a paste.
- Slather the paste generously on the affected areas of your skin
- Leave it to dry for about 30 minutes before rinsing off with cold water.
- Pat your skin dry and moisturize
To enhance the results of raw potato on sun tanned skin, add some lemon juice before applying it on your face.
Cucumber juice is also another excellent natural remedy for diminishing a sun tan. On top of eliminating a sun tan, cucumber is also useful for soothing your skin if it is irritating or itching. It is also an excellent source of vitamin C to fight free radicals, moisturize your skin and tighten your pores.
- Take two tablespoons of fresh cucumber and a teaspoon of lime juice.
- Add a pinch of turmeric
- Mix thoroughly to form a paste
- Gently massage the mixture to the affected areas of your skin.
- Leave it to dry for 30 minutes before rinsing off with cold or lukewarm water
- Alternatively, rub freshly cut slices of cucumber directly on your skin
Enhance the outcome of cucumber on your skin by adding lime juice before applying it.
4. Gram Flour
Gram flour is very crucial in treating sun tan. It works as exfoliant, assisting in the removal of dead skin cells, leaving your skin both youthful and radiant. To treat sun tan, you can get gram flour from your local market or prepare your paste using whole green gram.
- Mix the gram flour with water and slather it on all the affected areas of your skin
- Leave it to dry for 20 minutes before rinsing it with lukewarm or cold water
- Repeat this twice every week for a couple of months
To improve the results of gram flour on your skin, mix it with rosewater instead of plain water. You can also add some lime juice and yoghurt when preparing the paste.
5. Red Lentils
Also called Masoor dal, red lentils have long been used in cosmetic products for dealing with dull complexion and other skin issues. You can include red lentils in your regular face pack of making your body scrubs to use every week to get a healthy and beautiful skin.
- Soak 3 to 4 tablespoons of whole red lentils in plain water
- Add 4 tablespoons of fresh raw milk or yoghurt
- Leave it overnight
- Next morning, finely grind it to form a viscous paste
- Apply it on your skin and leave it to dry for 20 minutes before rinsing with water.
Red lentils paste not only removes the tan but also helps in the removal of dead skin cells for a brighter complexion. Using this pack regularly can result in acne and blemish-free clean skin with little effort.
Extended exposure to sunlight, particularly in summer, can result to tanning of your skin. This can happen to anyone irrespective of their skincare routine as most cosmetic products may not offer enough protection against sun damage. Fortunately, you don’t have always to dig deeper into your pocket to buy expensive skincare products for dealing with sun tanned skin. You can brighten your skin using pure natural home remedies, including red lentils, yoghurt, cucumber, raw potato and gram flour. These five simple preparations can give you a more youthful and brighter complexion.
Vaileria Dennis is a Beauty writer. She has written various articles on Beauty and Skincare. She is an independent researcher on Beauty and Makeup. Vaileria has a bachelor’s in Health and Skin care from California State University. Connect with Vaileria on Facebook or follow her on Twitter.