World Organics, founded by 5th generation naturopath and herbalist Megan Douglas, is quite unique in how they use a cutting edge process called Supercritical Extracts. This process unlocks maximum therapeutic benefits of over twenty plants to deliver potent organic herbal extracts. So potent, they are up to 200 times more concentrated than upscale beauty brands. They are natural, certified organic and vegan friendly!
Everyday Bamboo and Shea Face Exfoliant
What an amazing feeling it is to scrub my face with this exfoliant, the tiny little bamboo particles are so delicate and fine, I don’t think I have felt a scrub such as this one before, it feels luxurious and pleasurable and has just the right amount of bamboo to remove dry skin. I like to take my time using this scrub, this is the type of exfoliant I can imagine an eco-salon would use for a luxury facial treatment.
Combined with rose damascena, shea butter, jojoba, sunflower seed and bamboo stem extract. Bamboo contains 70% silica, which means it's fantastic for rejuvenating skin and reducing acne. Honeysuckle flowers also help to relieve skin inflammation and the scent of this delicate asian flower is beautiful.
The River Veda range is inspired by Ayurveda. Packed with supercritical extracts and an understanding of the intelligence of plants, herbs, seeds and flowers.
Juniper Berry Face Wash
I was so excited to see that this face wash contained juniper berry, it's always been a favourite ingredient of mine, but isn't always easy to find in products. I love juniper berry, the fresh woodsy scent of it and I’ve known about the amazing properties the berries has on skin, it's a great toner and helps to prevent blemishes and smooth skin.
Containing other botanical extracts of rose, aloe vera, sweet orange, shea, honeysuckle, indian gooseberry.
It has a light foam action. Great for oily skin and gentle enough to be used effectively on sensitive skin conditions such as eczema. My skin felt and looked very fresh after using it.
The Organic Skin Co. range is a premium makeup brand, incorporating supercritical extracts.
Everyday honeysuckle moisturizer
The scent of this moisturiser is one of the most beautiful scents I've come across, I could literally sniff it all day long, which is what I do sometimes! The aromatherapy powers of this bring my mind to laying in a summer field of delicate flowers, I can’t get enough of it! Along with the moisturinsg properties, I have to say, i’m addicted this!
Honeysuckle is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, so it helps to reduce scarring and evens out pigmentation.
It contains ylang ylang oil, which must contribute to this exotic scent, along with the honeysuckle flower, it literally calms my mind and lifts my spirits.
Also containing rose, aloe, coconut, shea, rosehip, evening primrose, jojoba, rosemary, tumeric and Indian gooseberry.
Great for oily and acne prone skin, but also for mature and ageing skin, as it has a medium creamy texture. It absorbs very nicely and sits well under make-up.
Another highlight of all of these products is the packaging, I just love the style of the metallic tubes and it's a nice change from plastics.
All of the beautiful products can be purchsed from the World Organics website, an Australasian based family company committed to providing the highest quality products containing the best natural plant ingredients that nature has to offer.
Exercise is great for mental, physical and emotional health, however it can wreak havoc on skin.
That ‘after workout glow’ doesn’t always live up to pre-conceived expectations (thanks Instagram), often leaving skin feeling irritated and sticky from sweat. If proper methods are not taken to cleanse skin after a workout, a build-up of toxins, grime and dirt can result in clogged pores, oily skin and breakouts.
Megan Douglas, founder of premium certified organic skincare and makeup brand, World Organics, explains the importance of incorporating a skincare routine when working out. “Before and after exercise, people tend to focus on stretching and nourishment through food, which means they often forget about other important aspects, such as skin maintenance. Working out doesn’t mean compromising on beautiful skin, it just means implementing a few quick and easy tricks to ensure that your complexion remains healthy and glowing.”
“Pores can remain open for several minutes after a workout, so using skincare and makeup such as the River Veda and The Organic Skin Co. range is important. These products are made using Supercritical Extraction, a cutting-edge process that delivers super-pure and super-potent organic plant extracts that gift your skin with mother nature’s goodness. These products help to close pores and minimise the chances of experiencing a breakout.”
With summer workout prep in full swing, Megan shares her top tips for maintaining flawless, clean and blemish-free skin before, during, and after a workout:
- Remove all makeup before a workout to minimise breakouts and allow skin to breath.
- Use an exfoliating face scrub, such as River Veda’s Everyday Bamboo and Shea Face Exfoliant, before a workout to remove the build-up of grime and dirt. The creamy, nourishing, bamboo exfoliant will refine pores and leave the skin feeling radiant.
- When you have finished exfoliating, splash cold water on the exfoliated areas to close pores.
During a workout
- The gym, fitness classes, and changing rooms, are a breeding ground for germs. To help protect your skin during a workout, use a towel to wipe away sweat and avoid touching your face after using equipment.
- Make an organic hand sanitiser using organic Lavender and Rosemary Essential Oils from the River Veda aromatherapy range. Simply fill a spray bottle with water and add 10-20 drops of rosemary essential oil and 10-20 drops of lavender essential oil. Shake gently and spray onto the hands. The mixture smells beautiful and is a natural, easy way to rid your hands of germs.
- Post workout
- It is important to cleanse your face after a workout to remove dirt and sweat.
- Clean your skin with a product enriched with botanical extracts, such as The Organic Skin Co. Juniper
Berry Face Wash, that softens and nourishes the skin.
- Dampen the skin and gently massage the Juniper Berry Face Wash onto the skin for
30 seconds, then rinse with cold water. This will remove any grime and help calm
the redness of the skin’s surface.
- The Juniper Berry Face Wash is an organic, light-foaming daily cleanser that
harnesses the benefits of supercritical extracts to tone and soothe the skin, leaving
it looking refreshed and radiant – perfect for post-workout skincare rejuvenation.
- To ensure the skin stays refreshed, use a small amount of moisturiser that contains natural hydrating agents, such as River Veda’s Everyday Honeysuckle Moisturizer. This has been formulated to promote replenishment, minimise pores and even out
Megan Douglas is a fifth generation naturopath and qualified herbal practitioner who passionately believes that a natural, holistic lifestyle can change our lives for the better. As part of a family boasting four generations of naturopaths and herbalists, Megan harnessed this accumulated knowledge and retrained as a herbalist and naturopath.
Megan began to identify common chronic illness trends within her client base – everything from skin and fertility issues to chronic fatigue. She recognised that general toxic stress and toxic environmental overload was clearly contributing to many of these conditions. It quickly became apparent that it wasn’t just the quality of what people were eating that was causing issues to their wellbeing, it was what they were putting onto their skin and allowing in their home environment that was cause for concern as well.
Armed with the skills to develop healthy skincare solutions, Megan established World Organics in 2011, proudly providing the next generation of organic skincare and makeup.