So, what foods can help keep our skin healthy?
- Eat foods rich in Vitamin A. This vitamin is important for overall skin health. Foods rich in vitamin A are carrots and low-fat dairy products.
- To help prevent age related issues caused by sun exposure, make sure you get plenty of Lycopene in your diet. Eat plenty of tomatoes, guava, and watermelon!
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids help nourish the skin and regulate oil production. Fish, flax seeds, and eggs are all examples of foods high in Omega-3s.
- Vitamin C. This vitamin can helps fight wrinkles. Foods rich in Vitamin C are sweet potatoes, squash, melons, and citrus fruits.
- Vitamin E helps repair damaged cells. Get the benefits by eating nuts and seeds.
It’s also very important to have a healthy digestive tract to keep your skin looking great. These are some additional nutrients you should include in your diet to help keep your gut and skin healthy:
Fiber – Foods rich in fiber will help your digestive system remove waste.
Probiotics – These healthy bacteria will help balance your digestive tract
Digestive Enzymes – These can assist in helping you get as much nutrition from the foods you eat as you can. Look for a quality digestive enzyme.
I hope you learned something new from these tips. Check out our infographic below that illustrates the importance of nutrition and gut health for skin! For more information on health and wellness, feel free to visit us at our blog, What’s Up, USANA?.